In Connecticut, electricity costs are going up for Eversource and UI customers.
Eversource increases rate 64% for supply.
- Eversource changes the cost of electricity twice a year – January 1 and July 1.
- This January, Eversource customers will see an increase on the supply portion of their bill. This supply rate will be in effect from January 1 through June 30.
- Following this, a new, even higher, rate will take effect July 1, 2022.
- Residential Eversource customers using 700 kwh per month will see a 21% or $31 increase to their bill compared to December.
UI increases rate 33% for supply.
- For UI, the new rate of $0.10631 is an increase of $0.026207 per kWh, or an 33% increase over the rate that was in effect as of July 1, 2021.
- The new rate is an increase of $0.012616 per kWh, or a 14% increase over the rate that was in effect from January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021.
You can read the full consumer alert from Acting Consumer Counsel, Richard E. Sobolewski here: JANUARY 2022 INCREASE IN ELECTRIC SUPPLY RATES.
What can you do to outsmart your utility company?
Call us. To protect yourself from skyrocketing electric bills, you can choose solar. By installing photovoltaic (PV) solar panels on your roof, your house can become energy independent. Meaning, you can be free from high electric costs, by generating your own energy from the sun. In Connecticut, there are local incentives in place that help pay for your solar system.
Residential Solar Investment Program
Financial incentive provided by Connecticut Green Bank to lower the cost of leasing or purchasing a solar system.
Property Tax Exemption
The State of Connecticut offers homeowners a property tax exemption for solar systems.
Net metering allows you to store energy your panels produce in the electric grid for use at a later date. For example, excess energy produced in July can be used in December. This decreases your electricity bill and putting money back in your pocket.
Book a free consultation with us. During our appointment, we will walk you through how solar works for your home. We will also calculate how much money you can save, down to the dollar. It’s quick, it’s easy and it will save you money on electricity.